Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I'm Going, Going...

D'Angelo - "Africa"

One more night in the States, and then I'm off to Tanzania. Not that I have too many expectations, but I'm expecting the trip of a lifetime.

In all honesty, I am very excited, and very honored to be going. My aunt asked me at the end of last year, and I  immediately said yes, but I really had no idea what I was getting myself into. I'm the first non-student to go with this group, so it wasn't easy to get me a spot. And it wasn't cheap. I owe her a lot and I want to use this blog to thank her publicly:

THANKS AUNT JANE!

I look forward to every single thing about this trip, and I hope to share my journeys with you all. I have started a tumblr blog (because I don't have enough social media accounts) that I will use to post exclusively about my trip. Check it out; I hope to update it from Africa, but we will see what my internet access is like. http://geof-frica.tumblr.com/ (Geoff in Africa, get it?!? We call that English Major humor.)

I am going to volunteer at an orphanage and teach English to high school age students (and their teachers) but I expect to learn a lot more than I could ever hope to teach.

See you soon!

I Love You All...Class Dismissed In Session!

No comments: